General Terms and Conditions Gübelin Academy Switzerland
Terms and Conditions upon which Gübelin AG offers its Gübelin Academy courses.
The participant indicates his acknowledgement and his full acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions, when returning the completed and signed registration form.
- Course applicants must at least be 18 years of age
- Applicants must pass the prerequisite qualifications/experience expectations, as outlined in the course registration form, in order to attend
- Participants must have a good command of English language in writing/speaking in order to benefit fully from the course sessions
- Dress code is business casual
- Gübelin AG reserves the right to deny an application and cancel an enrolment at any time
- Should students request a reprint of awarded certificates after the completion of courses, an administration charge will apply
How to Apply:
- Students may submit registration forms at any time via our website or via direct email
- Course payment must be made in advance and will be accepted in the form of bank wire transfer
- Courses are subject to availability. Students who apply for a course that has reached capacity, will be waitlisted and notified by Gübelin AG if an open space becomes available
- Course fee must be submitted within 5 business days of your registration to guarantee a space in the class
- Registration documents and full course payment must be received not later than 7 business days prior to course start
- Gübelin AG will send applicants an enrolment confirmation upon receipt of their application
- Gübelin AG will confirm course fee receipt to applicants
- Course lectures begin promptly at their scheduled starting times and students are expected to be punctual
- Students must refrain from removing any projects or materials from the classroom without the permission of the instructor
- Cellular phones and other mobile communication devices must be set on silent mode and may not be used during class hours. Any non-compliance with this rule may result in the suspension to attend class
- Gübelin AG expects students to show respect and consideration for fellow students and towards
the class tutor in all other aspects
- All classes must be attended in full and a successful passing is required in order to be awarded the Gubelin Academy certificate of attendance at the end of each course
- Successful completion of Level 1 is required to attend Level 2 and accomplished Level 2 grants admission to Level 3
- Missed lectures may be repeated in another class on space-available basis and at the discretion of
Gübelin AG (at a charge if cancellation policy is not adhered to)
- All necessary classroom equipment will be provided by Gübelin AG or by the course venue
- Damage incurred to equipment belonging to Gübelin AG or at the course venue by an individual,
will be the individual's responsibility to compensate
- Gübelin AG course materials and powerpoint presentations are the sole property of Gübelin AG
- Any unauthorised use, notably reproduction and distribution of copyrighted Gübelin AG course
materials and powerpoint presentations is strictly prohibited and may be subject to civil and
- No photographs or videos allowed in class neither from participants nor from the screen unless
Pricing and course dates:
- The course fees are based on the current price list at the time of the application. Gübelin AG
may, by giving notice to the applicant at any time up to the point of sending the enrolment
confirmation, change the prices or calendar dates for any reason. Upon receiving notice of such
changes, the applicant may cancel the registration if he/she so chooses
- All prices offered include VAT
Refund and Cancellation Policies:
- There will be no refunds paid by Gübelin AG to enrolled applicants, unless a cancellation results
from a price or course date change on behalf of Gübelin AG
- Admitted applicants who wish to change their course attendance dates for future course dates
may do so up to 10 business/working days prior to the start of the course at no extra charge
(subject to availability)
- Applicants who fail to re-schedule courses within the permitted timeframe lose the right to
re-schedule in the future. Allowances will only be made at the discretion of Gübelin AG
- Gübelin AG may exceptionally cancel or re-schedule courses in case of unforeseen unavailability of the course instructor. You will be contacted for the re-scheduling process or for refund payment of applicable course fees
- All events of force majeure and other events beyond our control, such as interruptions of business, transport and traffic difficulties, energy supply shortages, strikes and lockouts etc. release the person concerned from contractual obligations for the duration and to the extent of their effects. This likewise applies if these circumstances affect Gübelin AG and its suppliers
- Should a provision of this agreement be invalid or become invalid or should this agreement contain an omission, then the legal effect of the other provision shall not thereby be affected.
Please note that it is mandatory for you to provide personal data marked with asterisks. In the event that you do not provide such data, we may not be able to process your application for admission to the courses.
The information and your personal data provided will be used for the purpose of processing applications, such as course registration and admission for course conduction issuing Gübelin Academy certificates of attendance and for reasons of communication between the applicant and Gübelin AG.
Gübelin AG is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal information we hold by complying with the requirements of the Swiss Data Protection Act with respect to the management of personal information. Gübelin AG is equally committed to ensuring that all their employees and agents uphold these obligations.
Should you have any enquiries about the data protection issue, please contact the Data Protection Office of Gübelin AG by phone +41 41 429 15 88 or by e-mail email@example.com.
It is agreed that the laws of Switzerland apply to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions and the parties shall submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Switzerland.