Welcome to the Gübelin Academy
Keen to share our expertise with the wider public, in 2013 Gübelin opened the Gübelin Academy in Hong Kong. Geared to professionals as well as enthusiasts and connoisseurs of coloured stones, the Academy offers a series of modular programmes providing a unique fast-track training into the wonderful world of coloured gems.
Focusing on the practical and emotional, we aim to impart the necessary knowledge and passion to understand and appreciate coloured gems with an informative and inspiring approach. By combining fast-track and in depth courses together with interesting and individual seminars, you will have the opportunity to explore coloured gemstones on a multitude of levels.
- Fast-track programmes of two days upwards
- Modular courses with increasing levels of expertise
- Designed for trade professionals as well as enthusiasts and connoisseurs of coloured stones
- Small class environment ensuring tutorial level teaching
- High quality gemstones and reference collection samples on hand
- Gübelin Academy certificate of attendance upon completion and passing of each level
COLOURED GEM PROFESSIONAL
Created as a series of modular programmes with increasing levels, courses range from several hours to several weeks. Through knowledgeable, passionate and inspiring teaching, Gübelin Academy courses offer unique fast-track training into the wonderful world of coloured gems. Gain a Gübelin Coloured Gem Professional diploma while studying emeralds, rubies and sapphires, whether choosing to begin with the basics or mastering the advanced history, gemmology and psychology behind the most precious and colourful commodities in the world.
Gübelin Academy offers professional trainings for companies and staff in the jewellery and gemstone sectors. In a highly competitive and fast-changing industry, front-line sales training in coloured gems and back office knowledge and industry understanding are intrinsic to business success and client trust. With an unrivalled experience in coloured gemstones and access to the most up-to-date cutting edge research, Gübelin Academy can offer the perfect training tailored to your needs. We are honoured to inspire and educate jewellery professionals in the wonderful world of gems, and are proud to count some of the world's most famous brands and leading jewellers, such as Cartier, Chopard and Piaget, amongst our corporate clients.
Contact our corporate training manager directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss training packages.
Our gemmologist trainers are also available for private events. A highly successful and unique offering from Gübelin Academy, our tailored client event service offers the opportunity of an afternoon or perhaps evening event in personal surroundings to discuss and learn about gems. To request a personalised presentation and unique event session, please contact us on email@example.com
Coloured Gem Professional
- 20 - 21 July Level 1 (day class, Mandarin) Academy Hong Kong
- 23 - 27 July Level 2 (day class, Mandarin) Academy Hong Kong
- 09 - 10 August Level 1 (day class, English) Academy Hong Kong
- 13 - 17 August Level 2 (day class, English) Academy Hong Kong
- 15 - 16 August Level 1 (day class, English) Academy Switzerland
- 23 - 25 August Level 1 (day class, Bilingual) Academy Hong Kong
- 27 - 31 August Level 2 (day class, Mandarin) Academy Hong Kong
- 03 - 07 September Level 3 (day class, English) Academy Hong Kong
- 10 - 11 September Level 1 (day class, English) Academy Hong Kong
- 17 - 21 September Level 2 (day class, English) Academy Hong Kong
- 17 - 18 October Level 1 (day class, English) Academy Switzerland
Present a unique gift of education with a Coloured Gem Professional Course gift certificate. An education and experience in coloured gems for enthusiasts and private gem collectors which last a lifetime.
Choose from evening and day courses ranging from two to five days, or even tailored classes at your request, all in our beautiful boutique surroundings.
The content of the course was very complete and well balanced between scientific and cultural aspects of gems.
Structured – Historical – Interaction – Practical. Great!
Cours très enrichissant. J'aquis plus de connaissances en gemmologie.
The course helps me organize my knowledge in the industry into a framework and system that will give me greater insights into what I am doing and how I can further develop my knowledge and skills.
The course was informative and very interesting with a great deal of material in a short span of time.
Der Kurs hat meine Erwartungen bei weitem übertroffen! Die Kursleiterin hat ein sehr grosses Wissen und zeigt starke Leidenschaft zu diesem Thema.
Gübelin welcomed me – just an enthusiastic amateur - into the world of gemstones and provided a great opportunity to gain some basic knowledge. I just wish I had got to precious stones earlier in life.
I wanted to thank you for your great and inspiring gem class I had the pleasure to attend. I’m still under the spell of the rubies!
The trainer's knowledge and her enthusiasm for coloured stones is very inspiring and makes me feel like to continue attending upcoming courses.
The Academy course updates deliver the latest upcoming courses, important dates, registration discount deadlines, and more.
The Gübelin Academy shares Gübelin’s deep knowledge of gemmology and passion for gemstones with the rest of the world.
Please use the online form below for your inquiry, filling out all the fields marked with*.